Monday, January 31, 2011

Eowyn Update 32: Test Results

Eowyn is still stable, her HR is looking really good at 125bpm, Saturation is 92-97% and the oxygen is down to 30% .. Her pressures are still really high and shes still on 20mikes of INO .. they did say that her blood gas was looking good so they might try and wean down the pressure a tiny bit and see how she handles it. She is still paralyzed, medically induced coma that is .. The Morphine, Versed, Vec, Milrinone and various antibiotics are still going and they started her on TPN (a nutritional substitute) yesterday. After seeing how good the blood gases are and how stable she's been the doctor has decided to put her on formula .. She'll only be getting 2cc's an hour but it's a start, I just pray her little tummy can handle it and she doesn't throw it back up! Her tummy is swollen, about 54cm as of this afternoon .. Good news is that she's not as swollen all over her body like she was the first time. The new vent she's on is a bit overwhelming, it makes her shake, mostly because it's delivering hundreds of breaths a minute and is kind of loud but after talking with Mike (Eowyns RT who has been taking care of her since she first got admitted and one of my absolute favorite people to talk to at the hospital not only because he genuinely cares about my daughter but he's also positive when no one else is) he helped me to understand the difference in the two vents. The Urine, Blood and Respiratory Viral test came back negative .. Only the test for Respiratory Bacterial came back positive, it wasn't very high however she's been on medication for bacteria since she came back to the PICU so I pray it'll be resolved soon. They do have some test results that just came in that they had sent out almost a month ago .. The doctor wants to meet with Caleb and myself tomorrow at 10am to discuss the results so I'll know more about that later, I just ask that you pray for us at that time that we will understand what is being said to us and what it all means for Eowyns future also for the doctors to have wisdom, knowledge and compassion as they are about to give us this information about our little girl, then pray for Eowyn that the Lord would protect her and preform a miraculous miracle in her little body. Thank you all for staying diligent in praying for our baby and for going through this with us .. God is Faithful and Just in all He does and He is our strength when we feel like the next step we take might be the end of us! Over the last few months I have felt like my heart has been ripped from my chest several time and God is the only one who's there putting it back in and helping me go on .. He will never leave or forsake me and that is so amazingly comforting!!

Psalms 23: 1 Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: He guideth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness shall follow me all the days of my life; And I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah for ever.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Autum! Thank you for taking the time to share what is going on with Eowyn and sharing your heart with the world. We love you and will continue to pray <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Return to the stronghold,
    You prisoners of hope.
    Even today I declare
    That I will restore double to you.

    Zechariah 9:12

    The Merriman Family continues to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete