Friday, December 31, 2010

Eowyn Update 17: New Years Eve!

I used to secretly dread coming into the hospital room after a long night of being away from her, I never knew how good she was going to do that night or what bad news the doctors and nurses would have for me when I came in .. But now I find myself excited, not that I wasn't always excited to see her, but now to come into the hospital room every morning and find myself getting good news, which I must say is SO nice, such a gift from God and I'm not scared to leave her at night because I know that when I come in in the morning there will be more good news and if not good news at least I won't walk into the room while an RT is bagging her because her oxygen level is dropping or seeing her HR go up for no reason or seeing her so swollen she can't move or open her eyes .. The feeling of walking into this room has changed and it's all because of God and His mighty power, the work He is doing in Eowyns' life! And on that note I'll let you all know how she's doing: Her HR is wonderful, around 140bpm, a little high right now but the RT just got done doing a treatment on her .. Her saturation is 96+%, the oxygen is still at 35% but that's also because the doctors don't want to put it down any further (some oxygen is good for your body), the rate of the vent is at 16 (down from 27) and the pressure of the vent is at 23/6 .. They did come down on the INO (nitric oxide), last night when I got here they had put it down to 6.5 and by time I came in this morning they had put it down to 3.6. The RT (Sam) also told me the doctor might let him come down to 2 or 1.5 before his shift is over (which is at 7pm) .. So by tomorrow or Sunday she could be off of it completely, PRAISE GOD!! Eowyn is also getting more breast milk now, she was at 13.5cc's an hour and she is now at 19.5cc's an hour. They want her to have more calories and she's been pooping and peeing regularly so it's only fitting to give her more food, PRAISE GOD!! As most of you know the doctor's took the tubes out of her chest and her tummy yesterday around 3pm, so far she has not recollected the fluid, PRAISE GOD!! The nurse measured Eowyns' tummy and it was a half centimeter smaller then it was on night shift last night so the fluid is being absorbed properly and is not sitting in her tummy and chest, PRAISE GOD!! Now all of this is super great news and I will be the first one to thank God for every single baby set we have overcame but I do want you to know that the underlining problem of Pulmonary Hypertension and the thickening of the right side of her heart are still very much still there (they did say however that the functionality of her heart is great and works as it's supposed to work) .. So there is still a need for prayer. I have no doubt in my mind that the Lord is healing our daughter, whether it be a fast miracle or a slow one but she does still need our prayers and I know God will honor them. Thank you all so much for your diligence and your ability to not waiver when it comes to praying for Eowyns health .. God is so amazing and I can't wait to be able to thank Him in person some day, there will be no end to my PRAISING HIM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment